22 March, 2010

Boing!!

Spring certainly showed up this weekend, right on time. Saturday was amazing!! Warm, sunny and spectacular. I still felt like a little shopping. Since I'm doing my annual spring diet, I wasn't looking for clothes but still thought I'd run up to the Premium Outlet Mall just to poke around the Coach store and look for some charms for my Juicy Couture bracelet, etc. I got there early enough so that there was plenty of parking and popped into the Juicy store first. I found a great charm -- this one a purple-ish faceted heart. I really want the Eiffel Tour charm but they don't make them any more and IF you can find them on eBay they are all over the map. I've seen them for over $100! People are crazy. But next time I find one in the $50-60 range I'm going to snap it up. I only have one more space left to fill, although the nice thing about that bracelet is that you can remove the charms and have theme bracelets. Anyway .... on to the Coach store which was bedlam! The tourists come down from Canada - usually Korean or Japanese - and hit the outlet mall Coach and Burberry shops like locusts. There wasn't room to move in the Coach store but I did manage to corner a guy re-stocking the shelves and asked him where the non-factory stuff was. You see, the factory stores have gotten wise and they make things specifically for the factory store - not as well made but still authentic. Well there was one shelf of real stuff and it was icky, so I left. Good thing too, because I could barely breath! Just a couple more stops - at the kitchen store for a couple new pans and the leather store for a nice travel bag. No, not Coach but real leather as opposed to the designer bags I had been looking at for $180 made of plastic.

I had set the second basketball game to record but I made it home in time and settled down to work on the One Skein a Stole and watch the game. The Huskies DOMINATED! Again, not a big basketball fan, but this was pretty darned exciting. So they are now in the Sweet Sixteen and the next game is Friday. And that was pretty much it for Saturday. I watched TV in bed for a while, worked more on the stole and had another sleepless night. (Thank goodness I'm finally done with the Cortisone. I am sure that's what has been causing this terrible insomnia.)

Sunday after a few little errands I settled down and got a lot done on the lace border. I have about 8 more repeats to go before I can pick up the stitches for the ladder lace. I had to cut it short though because Doug did get the rehearsal moved to Sunday, but it ended up to be the bass player's wife's birthday so he couldn't come. The three of us did have a pretty good run through of some songs. Doug has decided that we will not be ready for May 8 and is going to postpone our show to the end of May. I suggested that perhaps we could get together one during the week as well as on the weekend. During the week we could meet up for just an hour or an hour and a half and do ONE set, straight through. That way I would have more reason to actually start memorizing those lyrics and it's always a good idea to just go straight through a set and that way your mistakes are pretty obvious. They're going to run it by Greg.

We have a pretty eclectic set list, to say the least. From the 80's to the present with a heavy dose of country thrown in. I have one song that I just can't get out of my head. I LOVE it! It's a song that is crossing over into the popular air play. When I was down in California in February I heard it at a sushi restaurant. Here's a link to the YouTube video. The video itself is not great but the song is awesome! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eB7T3lJ3dZ4

No comments: