08 March, 2010

Slush on my windows!

Wow ... what a change! Saturday was 60 degrees and this morning there was slush on the windows. It's a bit more seasonable. And it's supposed to get any colder, although it is supposed to rain more this week so my rides might be a bit yucky. I'll drive in again on Friday because I've got an appointment after work but other than that I should be able to ride in the rest of the week. That is, of course, if I can take my laptop home tonight and leave it there. My PC should be ready to go today, fingers crossed. Working on my laptop for day after day is tiring.

I did some good work in the front garden on Saturday while Tink was getting beautified. I filled up two cans, but it was much harder than the four I filled before because I was cutting back things, dead heading, cutting the lavender. I worked until my right hand was cramping then cleaned up and had a few hours of quiet knitting time before I had to go get Tinkerbell. They have a new groomer up at Kristie's and he did a super job! She looks so great!

I did a little more knitting then it was off to rehearsal. I made up two set lists so we can just concentrate on these songs for a while and get them down, rather than going all over the place. It still looks like we're shooting for May 8. Doug has a meeting with the person in charge of the hall this week to nail down the details.

Yesterday was mostly errands, but I did have an hour or so before we went to see "Alice in Wonderland" and I finished up the back of my Great Gatsby dress! It is SO cute!!! This is a bad picture, I know, I snapped it with my iPhone on the way out this morning. I need to find some quiet time to cast on the lace border for the front. It might have to wait for the weekend. An am anxious now to get it done. It is going to be wonderful. A perfect spring tunic.

The 3D "Alice in Wonderland" was quite an experience. It is gorgeous! And the 3D effects are spectacular. The story itself was a bit dark, somewhat gruesome. I enjoyed it though. And I balanced the evening out with Monty Python's "The Meaning of Life". Always good for a laugh or 3.

1 comment:

Jen said...

That dress is looking great! So pretty!