09 March, 2010

It's just crazy time

At lunch yesterday I took a walk up the Ave. As I as walking along I noticed it starting to precipitate. No, not rain. Snow! Unbelievable - 60 degrees on the weekend and then snow on Monday. It didn't stick, nor did it come down for long, but still. And this morning as I was getting ready for work, all set to put on my bike clothes, my husband informs me that it is 29 degrees and icy outside and I might want to rethink the bike ride. So right. I took the bus.

Since I was up close to the yarn store I thought I might as well do a swing through, just for the heck of it. While I was there I decided to buy a ball of Noro sock yarn to maybe make a simple stole or try the tilted blocks ..... I wasn't sure. I found the color I wanted and took it up to the counter and gave the girl my card to get another punch. But it was full! It was full and I hadn't even noticed! Here I've been walking around for who knows how long with $20 of free yarn in my hand and I was unaware. Totally not like me. I can't believe I missed that.

Last night we watched "The Invention of Lying", which I thought was really good but Mr. M fell asleep. It had that "break up the wedding" ending though. I would have thought he could have come up with something a bit less trite. Ricky Gervais is a very vocal atheist, so I can pretty much guess where his premise came from. Still it was very clever and I would watch it again.

I tried to start a one skein Noro sock yarn stole - a pattern I found on Ravelry - while I was watching the movie but I kept messing up when I was knitting and dropping the wrapped stitches. Perhaps tonight I can get it cast on and get a little run at it before the new LOST starts.

No comments: