04 March, 2010

Two rants in a row!

It does seem to happen that way. I've had another commute plagued by idiot drivers. It was raining when I left this morning and one would think people would be more careful rather than more careless. I have to cross Sandpoint Way in the morning to go down to the trail. I stop at 110th street at the crosswalk and wait for a break in the traffic to cross. Today there was also a man on the other side of the street on 110th waiting to cross as well. A driver heading south stopped for this gentleman so I started out as well and a woman going north just blew right through the crosswalk, nearly taking out the other bicyclist. Her view was unimpeded and should could see the other vehicle stopped. And before that I had a woman pull out right in front of me as I was driving down the side of the street. Idiots!!

I had two meetings yesterday morning. The second one was a miracle. Everyone was pleasant, working in concert, no arguments .... beautiful. We even got done early.

I did do a good bit of work on the Gatsby at noon knitting but not much on it last night after dinner. I think tonight I may watch "The Invention of Lying" and I should be able to get lots done then. I'd like to shoot for finishing up the back this weekend and maybe even starting on the front. I've got gardening, a few shopping chores, rehearsal, but otherwise should be able to carve out a few 3 hour slots to make some progress.

Okay now, here's to a smooth ride home this evening!!

No comments: