30 March, 2010

Hawaii dreaming

I want to go Hawaii. Maybe it's because we've got a little trip to the ocean this weekend that has got me thinking about it. Or maybe because of the movie I saw Friday night -- Couples Retreat (which was pretty funny). Whatever the reason, I've set the wheels in motion. Booked the week of June 21 off from work and I've picked a place, ocean side condo, very near where I stayed the last time I was on the Big Island. My sister wants to join us and, hopefully, her boyfriend will come as well. Since he's in the movie business it's almost as difficult to nail him down as it is to nail Mr. M down as far as vacations go, but I'm going to reserve that two bedroom condo today and if I have to cancel and change it to a one bedroom I can do that later. At least I can save the one I want, right on the beach, for now and that's something very nice to look forward to!

We had big storms yesterday. Big spring storms with thunder and lightening. It's not bad today, although threatening again. I am just hoping it'll hold off so I can get a decent run in today at lunchtime. I want to make sure last Friday wasn't a fluke!

I got most of another square done for my blanket last evening, but then Tinkerbell really wanted to play so I put it down and romped with her for a bit. After dinner I picked up the dress again and finished the stockinette portion, bound off and picked up the stitches and started the ribbing. Depending upon how much time I get to myself this coming weekend, I could very well finish it. I doubt I'll be that lucky though, so we're most likely looking at the following week finishing up. Then I think I want to do that mohair cardigan from the Vogue Knitting Winter, the #23 Cabled Yoke Cardigan. I'm going to look up the yarn requirements tonight and start looking for just the right mohair. I can't work with mohair when it's too hot because it sticks to my hands and fingers, so I'd better get on it right away before the weather turns.

No comments: