25 March, 2010

I am taking no chances

While it was sunny and unseasonably warm yesterday -- I even biked home in my shorts and shirtsleeves -- this morning it was pouring rain. I am not willing to risk my continuing recovery with a ride in the rain, so this morning opted for public transport. I can get my exercise at lunchtime. I've got a walk to the bank planned and then I can run back to work. Depending on how I feel I can either extend the run or just head back to the office. I am very much looking forward to getting my legs back underneath me and being able to have good, long runs.

I emailed the bass player and drummer yesterday regarding the Tuesday evening mix-up. Doug, the leader, doesn't have email. Or rather, he has it but won't use it. I know .... Anyway, the other guys were very nice about it. What had happened is that the leader had telephoned to the bass player on Sunday evening, found out that he could make it and so called the drummer and told him but nobody called me!! Idiots.

As planned I got all but 1 1/2 repeats of the lace border done at noon, so when I got home and showered I finished it up and picked up the stitches and away I went! Now I am 6 rows into the ladder lace. It goes quickly. Since I had made the mistake on the back of the dress of picking up the stitches on the right side of the lace border ( rather than the wrong side as per the pattern) I repeated the same "mistake" on the piece for the front so they will match. I don't know what it was supposed to look like if I had picked up the stitches on the wrong side, because it's invisible to my eye.

No comments: