14 May, 2010

1,000 posts!!

Yesterday was my 1,000th post and I didn't even notice until today! Wow!

I am late late late today! I guess I must have turned the alarm off, but I don't recall doing that. Regardless, I didn't wake up until 8 am! I had a nice, quiet evening last night working on my Whisper Cardigan, watching FlashForward, talking on the phone. Typical night and I wasn't exhausted or anything. I get to bed at a regular time. Mr. M got home late last night and was up and out at 4 am this morning. Usually if I turn off the alarm I am awakened by his alarm which goes off between 6:45 and 7. But, since he had gotten up at 4-ish I was left to snooze, and I did! Because of my commitment to my bike challenge team I had to bike in rather than just scoot out the door into my car. But I got here before 9:30 so that really isn't too bad considering when I got up.

It is the season for the cottonwoods and the trail is thick with it. I know it's going to get worse. At its peak it looks like snow in some places. I just have to keep my head down to avoid swallowing or inhaling it.

Rehearsal is on Sunday afternoon this weekend because Saturday a band is playing that Doug wants us to go see. First of all, because they're playing in the hall where he wants us to play. Secondly, because there are two girl singers he wants me to see because they're bad. I know - makes no sense to me either, but there you go. And lastly, they have horns and he wants to steal them. We'll go for a while anyway. I don't think it's going to be too much fun.

Last night I tried on my Gatsby dress with my skinny jeans and some sandals. It looks great and fits like a dream. I can't wait to wear it. I wouldn't change a thing about it. I am going to measure it and try to do another one - not an exact copy but same measurements and different stitches. And this one I'll do bottom up in the round. That'll make it much much easier.

No comments: