26 May, 2010

The invisible prize patrol

I had understood from the email last week sent from the commute challenge people that the prize patrol would be out today on the Burke Gilman trail near the UW. It was pouring ... is now currently pouring .. rain but since our team is 6th over all (out of over 1,600 teams) in number of trips made I didn't want to let my teammates down so I biked in, eyes peeled for the prizes. The only thing I got on the way to work this morning was wet. Very very very wet. I will be riding home in wet shoes, for sure. At least I have an extra pair of socks here but the only shoes I have are my running shoes and they won't work for biking because the toes won't fit into the toe clips. At least it's warm.

This is the last week for the commute challenge and I will be so happy to have it over so I can run again. Normally it wouldn't be a big deal to be biking every day and running a few times a week, but I'm still working on the bathing suit body for a couple more weeks and that leaves me a little too low in the energy department to run and have it be enjoyable. But I have a new, really cute running skirt that I am quite eager to use and, if the weather will lighten up a bit I can do it next week. Or the week after. But sometime in June for sure.

Well there was no LOST last night and so we watched a very cute movie - "Pirate Radio". The soundtrack was wonderful if you like the 60's British rock. I might see about buying the soundtrack for my iPhone. It was a good knitting movie and I worked some more on the Whisper Cardigan. I tried it on before I turned in last night and I've decided to lengthen it a bit more than the pattern calls for to make it look less like a shrug and more like a cardigan. I've got plenty of yarn.

No comments: