25 May, 2010

Typos drive me crazy

I hate hate HATE it when I re-read something I've written -- whether it's this blog or an email or whatever -- and find a typo. Something that spell checker won't get like, most recently, 'fare' for 'fair' or 'peak' for 'pique'. It's as if my fingers have ideas of their own. Anyway ... drives me crazy.

I got to work without falling over. A lovely triumph. My ankle is a wee bit sore still. I guess super high boots weren't the smartest choice of footwear for today. A few aches and pains but otherwise I'm feeling quite well for the day after.

I still haven't decided what to put in my vegetable garden to take the place of the corn, of which there is not a single trace left! I looked again for corn starts because, obviously, I can't sow the seeds directly into the ground because of the squirrels and now I don't have time to sprout them inside. There are lots of other vegetable starts to choose from but nothing really struck me. I already have two kinds of peppers, 4 different tomatoes, some snap peas, acorn squash and a nice assortment of herbs. I don't want zucchini or any other squash. Maybe egg plant? I've got to make up my mind and get whatever it is into the ground this weekend, which is still looking like it's going to be cloudy and showery, like it is now.

I sure could use some sunshine. Counting the days until Hawaii.

No comments: