28 May, 2010

Uncle!!

I give up! It started raining hard last night around 8 or 9. I had insomnia and so I listened to it for hours. I don't think I fell asleep until sometime after 1 and probably part of the reason I fell asleep is that I quit trying to think of ways to keep myself dry and comfortable while cycling through a monsoon (wrapping my feet in plastic bags? covering my helmet with something?) and gave myself permission to throw in the towel if it was pouring at 6:30 am, which it was. If we were going for something other than bragging rights then I would be right out there slogging away. But since we've already beaten the other teams in the captain's department and one other lab that had challenged us, I don't feel bad about choosing comfort. In fact I feel pretty darned ... comfortable.

I am looking forward to my long weekend. I'll have all day tomorrow for the million and one errands and chores and then rehearsal. But Sunday and Monday are all mine and I'm going to have a lot of fun cleaning out my drawers and closets. Maybe I'll even reorganize my desk! Plus I have to sew the buttons on my cashmere cardigan and bind off and block that scarf. I'll have plenty of time, especially if this weather keeps up.

The garden is another thing I'd like to handle. Perhaps I'll put in strawberries where I had the corn. They're easy to grow and I eat them nearly every day. I'll go to a larger nursery this weekend and hope that the selection is better than my local spot.

I finished Chelsea Handler's latest book last night. She is so funny! And really out there. I don't watch her show very often but I always wish it was longer when I do.

Happy long weekend eve!!

No comments: