11 May, 2010

Mmmmmmmm bacon

On my way in to work today I was overcome by a craving for bacon. Thick, salty, smoky bacon. I could almost smell it. I can *still* almost smell it. I've got to stop thinking about it. It's making me too hungry. Oatmeal will have to suffice.

After I got Tinkerbell washed last night I went straight to work on the Great Gatsby Dress rather than start a new project, and let me tell you that was hard! I sewed up one side of it and my back was aching. I have to sit at the table and bend over it to get the seam just right, so when I was done with the one side I took a break for dinner and then spent the rest of my evening weaving in the bazillion ends. Now all I have left is one seam which I can easily finish up tonight before LOST.

I am definitely going to do the Whisper Cardigan with the Noro Kureyon sock yarn I got from Elann last week. My stash is quite small these days. I have a bag of Cash Iroha coming, which is really a cool weather type of yarn but I couldn't resist the color or the cost. And Elann has a cotton/Tencel blend coming up next week that I think I will buy to make another skirt. There's a lovely color available. And I have two different colors of Debbie Bliss cotton angora that's been in my stash for a couple of years. I really should make something with that. I have enough for two different tops or maybe even a skirt. Well I've got a couple of projects now in the wings. The Whisper Cardigan and some sort of tank top to take to Hawaii with me, using up the last of my Ella Rae Shibu.

Lucky for me it was not raining hard on the way home yesterday. I had picked up my spoke card to identify myself as a participant in the Bike to Work Month contest. I put it in my spokes, as it was suggested I do, and promptly lost it on the way home. I am guessing this is a regular occurrence because I saw one in the middle of the road on the way in. I should have stopped to pick it up, but it was in the middle of a busy road so ... no thanks.

No comments: