06 May, 2010

No wind this morning

Lovely! It was not a bad ride this morning, except it's still unseasonably cool. No wind, no rain and I saw blue skies when I got to work. I'm going to take a nice walk at lunchtime today up to the yarn store to poke around at their annual Mother's Day sale items, and then on to the bank. I am hoping that it'll be full on sun by then. It's supposed to hit the mid 60's today.

I am going to go through my Ravelry queue and write down some yardage for a few smaller items. I need a project to take to Hawaii with me in June and it's got to be small (but not socks -I am so over them) and cotton or bamboo or linen. A tank top or a cami, or maybe the Bonsai Tunic? I'll give myself a few options. I also went off my yarn diet today and bought a bag of Noro Cash Iroho on sale at LittleKnits. Fulay says it's the end of it so they must be discontinuing the yarn. I love this yarn so I got enough to make a nice sweater in a beautiful dusty rose.

I have been looking forward to tonight for weeks now!! My friend McG is in town - we saw his show last Sunday. Tonight he and I are going out. Mr. M is working so I can have an entire evening alone with my old friend to gossip and drink and vent. There is nothing like an old friend. I don't think there's much of anything he doesn't know about me and nothing I can't tell him. We all need friends like that, don't you think? Plus which I've given myself permission to go off the slimming regimen and have a few drinks. We drink well together, McG and me.

I worked diligently on the Tangled Yoke Cardigan last night. I am up to row 9, I believe. That's half way through. Holy cow though .... I consider myself at least an accomplished intermediate knitter but this yoke is kicking my butt. Part of the problem is that I made a typo when I was translating that chart yesterday so I made a 2x2 cable where there should have been a 2x1. I discovered the mistake about 3 repeats in but it was out of the question to tink back. I tried but got hopelessly scrambled by all of the twists of the cables so I left it and tried to fix it on the way back on the purl row. I *think* I did. I'll have to get a couple more rows up before I'll know if it's really noticeable or not. I am guessing that it's not going to stand out very much, especially since it's tweed yarn. Fingers crossed.

No comments: