18 May, 2010

I might never dry off

It is raining this morning and despite the rain gear I am wet. I did tuck my hair into my jacket but my helmet has holes in it, of course, so my head gets wet. This jacket does have a removable hood but it's not very practical for me and it would be unbearably hot. It's not very cold now and so one has to choose between staying dry(ish) or staying cool. I'm just uncomfortable. And this weather is going to be with us the rest of the week. I would like some spring please. I see on my iPhone weather app that it's sunny elsewhere. Can you share?

Steve & Ginny begged off dinner last night. Having spent the better part of the previous week entertaining her father, she was taken sick and he was exhausted. So it was just the 3 of us, watching the Suns get beat up by the Lakers and having some nice dinner. The first BBQ of the season.

I'm going around and around with my Cash Iroha, trying to decide what to use it for. It is such a gorgeous blend of silk, cashmere and wool. I want a garment that will show off it's drape and sheen. I had picked out a cardigan last week but it's got a collar that I don't like and it doesn't have a v-neck, which is something I do want. I might just have to make a hybrid. I want it to be top down, v-neck, raglan sleeves. Maybe I can start with the Simple Knitted Bodice pattern and then not join it, but do the whole thing back and forth. I was considering steeking it but I don't want to risk anything with this yarn. Maybe a simple cable or a little lace pattern down the front. See ... I'm still thinking and it's not like I'm in a hurry. It's going to be too hot to knit a sweater soon anyway.

No comments: