19 May, 2010

Just a taste

of sunshine this morning. It was lovely to have a bright, dry and sunny ride in to work. It certainly makes a huge difference in my state of mind.

I am looking forward to our long weekend at the end of the month. I have a couple of big projects that I am itching to get to and since every Saturday is like a work day with chores, errands and then rehearsal, it is so hard to have a weekend AND get anything big done. The garden is priority #1. In the front of the house there is a smallish bed at the edge of the property. It is planted with a beautiful little tree, and incredible stargazer lily, another perennial I don't know the name of but my sister calls it Monkey Paw and three clumps of ornamental grass. The grass has been overtaken by horsetails. These are extremely difficult to get rid of but I am going to have to try because I can't control them and, as I said, they have taken over the grass. I will have to dig out the plants and maybe if I mix in some nice compost I can get rid of most of them. Plus it will be fun to pick out some new grasses.

My second big project is a total closet and drawer clean out. I haven't done it since ... well actually before I got married and we're coming up on two years so I'm due. Plus now that I can wear everything in my closet and drawers it's is time to get rid of the old so I can have some space for some new, yeah? Yeah!!

I think I've got my next 3 or four projects lined up. I spent a little time on Ravelry going through patterns and found what I think is the perfect garment for my Cash Iroha. It's called The Baton Rouge Cropped Jacket. I don't consider it cropped and I do think it will suit that yarn perfectly. And no, it's neither top-down nor raglan sleeved and is, in fact, pieced. But I don't care. I just fell in love with it.

Also I've been wanted to use the Debbie Bliss Cotton Angora that I've had for a couple years and I found this. When looking through the projects I saw that someone else made it in that yarn and it looked great, so that's a definite. And lastly, I bought some yarn from Elann yesterday - a merino and Tencel blend that will work for this skirt. I got a great blue - I can't describe it really. I'll have to take some pictures and update my stash page. Here's the skirt.

No comments: