04 May, 2010

Who hates head winds?

That would be ME! Although this morning it wasn't nearly so bad as yesterday. Going home was just awful. The second I stepped out of the door to leave the skies opened up and it poured rain all the way home. A little later in the evening it thundered and hailed, so thank goodness I missed that. It's supposed to get better tomorrow.

I was cold, wet and exhausted yesterday evening but managed to rally and knit a few rows of the Tangled Yoke Cardigan. I thought I was at the point where I could start the cable portion this evening but I had forgotten the right side decrease row, so I've got to purl across one more time, then do the decreases and THEN I can start the cables. Only 18 rows of pattern but it looks very complicated.

I was looking at my little plants on the deck yesterday evening and got excited about getting them planted. I bought some heirloom tomatoes for a change this year. I sure hope that feeding the soil will take care of some of my problems from last year. Also I'm going to switch the crops, such as they are, putting the corn in the middle bed, tomatoes in the first bed, etc.

Seven weeks until Hawaii. I've got a house/Tink sitter lined up for part of the time so I will only have to board Tink for four days. There is a new place right near me that I'm going to check out this weekend. It's not new exactly, but I believe there has been a change of ownership. It looked pretty sketchy before but now it's cleaned up and definitely worth a look.

No comments: