05 May, 2010

It's called a mirror

Yesterday while doing a little sleuthing for one of the instructors I happened into a department that I rarely visit. The woman at the front desk had the most amazing mustache I've seen on a woman ever. EVER! A man would be proud to sport this. It was very difficult to even concentrate on what she was saying because I couldn't help but stare and wonder at that 'stache. She was otherwise groomed. She had a haircut, maybe even a bit of mascara. In other words, she has a mirror. Does she think it's invisible? I can't get over it. Really astonishing.

I got the judgment back on my speeding ticket mitigation statement. What a racket. Oh, my ticket was deferred because of my good driving record. If I don't have any tickets in the next year then it will not be reported to my insurance company (which I didn't think it was going to be anyway considering it was done with a camera). Ah, but here's the racket part - the administration cost of having it deferred is $100. Ah well, it's better than $189 but still. It's maddening.

I managed to get three rows into the 18 rows of VERY complicated cables on the Tangled Yoke Cardigan. Whew .... I mean it is tough! Today I'm going to write out the rest of the rows. I just can't read cable charts, especially this one where there are six or eight different cables. I can't memorize the pictures. I don't have this trouble with lace charts. The symbols are easier somehow. But the cable symbols all look alike to me and it's too much to stop every repeat, 20 of them, to pick up the pattern.

LOST was pretty darned exciting last night. Good lord, it's going to be as bad as when football ends when this program stops!

No comments: