27 May, 2010

What a treat!

It is NOT raining! I was so very happy to see the sun this morning. In fact, I even saw a scrap of blue sky over the lake on the way in. I know it won't last but as long as I don't have to bike in a downpour I am happy. Only one more day of this bike challenge and then if it's raining I can drive in or take the bus! By the way, I did not see the prize patrol on the way home last night either! I suspect the only thing I'm going to get out of this whole experience is wet.

I finally finished the Enchanting Scarf at noon knitting yesterday. I am very glad that is finished. All I need to do is bind off and block it. I was going to do it last night but I was extremely tired when I got home, and damp and I didn't want to do anything but veg. To be honest, what I really wanted to do was take a shower, get into bed and read until I fell asleep but that seemed a bit much even for lazy ol' me, so I had dinner and watched "Julie and Julia" and then went to bed and read. I liked that movie, although the scenes in Paris were hard to watch. I didn't realize that part of the movie was Julie Child's "My life in France" and I studiously avoid watching movies with scenes shot in Paris. It makes me sad and yearn-y. [Well maybe it's not exactly a word but I can't think of the right one].

And now that my Enchanting Scarf is finished I'm going to have to come up with another project to have at work. I was thinking I was done with socks, but maybe that is the kind of thing I should have sitting around. I had been taking my knitting over to the South Campus Center with me at noon time and listening to my audio book and knitting a few rows. I finished "Elegy for April" last weekend and immediately downloaded "The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo". So far it is wonderful. The narrator is not as versatile as Timothy Dalton but he's good and what is more he can pronounce those Swedish names and places. I just know that if I were reading this book I would be stumbling all over myself trying to figure it out.

Only one more day before our nice long weekend. Maybe we'll go see the new Shrek movie at the Imax 3D. Or a film at the Seattle Film Festival. Or maybe I'll just clean my closets and drawers and veg for the rest of the time. Choices.

No comments: