29 April, 2011

Sunshine and fresh legs

It looks like we're going to be getting some spring-like weather for this weekend and the race.  It's still cold but it looks like it'll warm up over 60 for Sunday.  I had a nice, strong run yesterday at lunchtime and I have been debating whether or not to run again today, but my right ankle has made my mind up for me.  That is the ankle I rolled 5 years ago and I have found it aching and twinging lately.  I believe it is directly related to the little bit of yoga that I'm doing with the Wii fit DVD.  I can balance just fine on my left leg, but not so on my right.  I'm not going to risk hurting it just to run this afternoon.  I can use the extra day of rest.  I will be strong and rested on Sunday.

Last night was the first round of the NFL draft and our hometown boy, Jake Locker, was picked 8th overall by the Titans.  Way to go Jake!  I watched that for a couple hours last night while working on the lace project.  Then, again, I had another restless evening.  Nothing seems to be able to capture my attention.  Tink was also restless so we went out a couple times last night.  There was something going on -- somebody moving out or moving in.  The other dogs on the floor were also barking at a woman who was waiting in the hall.  I don't know how she got there since it's a locked building but ... well, maybe she was escaping something inside her apartment.  I just know it was making my dog crazy, and by extension, me too.  I did have a nice sleep though.

Big weekend coming up.  I'm exciting to be working with Gregg again and looking forward to a good race on Sunday!

No comments: