11 July, 2011

Email overload

I like the columns by David Pogue.  He's a tech writer and he reviews new things and also from time to time writes about tech issues.  Last week he wrote a column about email, echoing many of my sentiments about it.  Mostly that there is just too much!  Partly it is my fault for giving out the address, of course, but I would like to hear about, for example, a sale at a store I frequent.  But every day?  That is overload and therefore I end up deleting the messages rather than reading them.  It seems to elementary to me - if there are too many messages people aren't going to read them.  Well, this person anyway. 

The weekend was mostly nice and sunny.  My routine got interrupted though so I ended up having to skip my manicure and pedicure but it was totally worth it.  Saturday after taking Tink for a long walk I got my bike out and drove south to meet a friend for a 20 mile bike ride.  It was GREAT!  I had *such* a nice time.  I haven't been on my bike for months - since I moved out on my own.  And the trail we took was much quieter than the Burke Gilman.  Way less traffic.  It felt just wonderful.  I wanted to go faster but that's okay, I still had a fun time.

Sunday was not quite as nice as Saturday but I had lots of chores to do anyway so that's fine.  I have lost my knitting mojo again.  I think I maybe worked two inches on the sleeves of the cardigan and nothing at all on Kelli's mitts.  I just wasn't in the mood.  But I've got to get on it this week and get those done for her. 

Also this week Kelli is going to nail down the hotel room situation for my birthday in Las Vegas.  Supposedly her boss is going to hook us up with some discount at the Mandalay Bay.  I need to know soon so that I can let my friends know and so that I can make reservations. 

On my way home Friday I stopped to get a new hair dryer and some product and now I have a new hair do!  The metamorphosis is nearly complete.  I have an appointment Friday and I'm going to have Dana sharpen up the layers so my hair looks better when it's blown straight.  I quite like it.  It's a nice change, especially since my hair always looks such a mess in this weather. 

No comments: