21 July, 2011

Ups and downs

Yesterday afternoon the sun came out and it was a beautiful, warm and sunny evening.  Just like summer!  But for some reason I just couldn't shake the blues.  I don't get it.  I got tickets to a comedy show that I really want to see when I'm in Las Vegas and that should make me happy, don't you think so?  I'm just a natural complainer I guess.  I truly am excited about the Las Vegas long weekend though.  And I have a perfect place for Tinkerbell.  When I called yesterday to make her reservation the woman on the phone gushed, "Oh Tinkerbell!  We love Tinkerbell".  I nearly suggested that they pay ME rather than the other way around, considering how excited she seemed. 

Because I was blue and feeling self indulgent I only had a light workout after work and Tink's walk and indulged myself with a lounge on the couch, watching TV accompanied by a nice bottle of Chardonnay.  There is one nice thing about living in an apartment complex..... when I took Tink out for a little potty stroll around the gardens there were people out on their patios cooking dinner or just enjoying the air, so I could have a little chat and feel not completely alone.

Needless to say, with the exception of the hour at noon yesterday there was no knitting done.  Maybe I'll feel like it tonight.

I hope to have a decent run at lunchtime today.  It is cloudy and dark and misting at the present.  The good thing about that is that I seem to have awesome strong runs when the weather is like this.  Someone once told me it was because of all the oxygen in the air.  I don't know if I believe that or not, but I am looking forward to it anyway.

No comments: