09 September, 2011

Finally! Pictures from Las Vegas

I finally got a couple of pictures yesterday from the birthday in Las Vegas.  Unfortunately nobody thought to bring a camera so a couple of people took a couple from their camera phones.  Here I am with my beautiful sister.  This looks pretty good for a picture taken with a camera from a phone.  The lighting in the other one above isn't as good, but it's still a nice memory.  Plenty of champagne and cake - can't go wrong there.  We had such a good time, I can't wait to go back!

Last night was the first regular season NFL game and it was a great game!  I didn't get to see the first half, but the second half was exciting.  I had the New Orleans defense for my fantasy team last night.  They only got me 4 points.  New Orleans lost.  I have high hopes for this weekend though!  If I win my first matchup I will be SO happy!!

I almost got the sleeves finished while I was watching the game last night but I got such a sinus headache that I couldn't stand it and had to go to bed after the game.  I read for a while, which might seem an odd occupation for one suffering from a sinus headache, but I couldn't just lay there.  I was tired enough from the night before that I finally fell asleep and actually had a great night.

It's big day today -- first exam for the medical students.  I get to pick up my timing chip and race bib tonight for the race Sunday.  My run yesterday wasn't great but it was okay.  I'm still pretty optimistic about the race this Sunday.  I should do fine.  And thankfully it's early in the morning so it won't be too hot!


No comments: