30 September, 2011

On my way to a nice weekend

One quick stop at work ... well, not that quick but I get to take off right after my afternoon meeting and I am hoping we can catch the 3 o'clock ferry to Bremerton.  That way we'll be there in time to relax and watch the sun set before we head to the restaurant.  This morning it took me four trips to get the car loaded with dog and dog supplies, food and other cooking essentials for my dinner on Saturday, including the slow cooker and baking pan for the peach cobbler, and then a bag for me.  It is so easy to pack for a weekend, especially if you're traveling by car because you can take everything!  Not so when you're going for two weeks.  I keep refining my packing plans.  I am going to do a thorough job of making sure that everything coordinates and can pull double duty so that I can go light.  I have figured out the footwear dilemma and I'm going to be able to do it with 3 pairs - a dressy heel, a pair of short boots that can go outside the pants/leggings or inside, and my Coach clogs which are perfect for the plane ride and also can go with my jeans or leggings.  The tops are going to be more difficult.  No hurry.  I've got time.

Yesterday was such a busy day that I couldn't even go for my run, and believe me, I needed it!  It was just too hectic and I had to choose work.  But it was gorgeous again so I did allow myself a little walk outside in the sunshine.  And it was quite warm when I got home.  Warm enough to walk Tink in short sleeves.  It is starting to get cool at night.

It's going to be a busy morning and then .... away we go.  I am not going to think about work all weekend!  Oh!  And I've got to check my Fantasy Football line up too.  I am last but at least I don't have the most points against me.  And I could win this weekend.  I could!

No comments: