23 September, 2011

Hello gorgeous!

What an incredible morning!  It is, as I said, the first day of fall, but oh my goodness, it is SO  nice outside.  It is supposed to be nearly 80 today and tomorrow but Sunday it may drop 20 degrees and rain.  This morning though you can almost hear the angels singing.

I had a pretty decent run yesterday but I had decided to wear a pair of super high heels to work and even though I took the time to stretch well before I headed out I still felt a twinge in my knee and ankle - opposite sides.  Not much, but enough to keep me awake.  I'll have a nice walk today at lunchtime rather than run and I should be in tip top shape again on Monday.  Plus, I'm wearing ballet flats today. 

I went to bed to play with my iPad at the normal time, and turned out my light around 10 or 10:30.  But I couldn't sleep.  I got up to take Naproxen for my knee and tried again.  I couldn't drop off.  At midnight I did a little work emailing, got up and had a couple of bites of yogurt, thinking maybe I was just too hungry and a bit of milk product might put me over the edge.  No go.  1 am and I'm still awake!  This is extremely rare since I've been on my own again but finally I figured it out.  Yesterday afternoon there was some dark chocolate in the break room.  I don't normally care for dark chocolate but I was hungry for something sweet so I had 3 squares ... 3 little squares.  But it must have had enough caffeine to keep me awake.  I feel just fine this morning, thankfully.

After some serious daydreaming and thought I think I know what I would like to do on my London days.  I want to do touristy things I didn't have the time to do last visit.  I want to have afternoon tea someplace elegant.  I want to do some walking tours -- I found a web site with a good many walking tours I can print out.  I'd like to visit some museums and galleries and maybe go to Windsor Castle.  I hear that's spectacular but I don't know how far it is from London.  Certainly there are plenty of things to keep me busy, no matter the weather.  I am counting the weeks.  I don't have to worry about what to do in Luxembourg and Paris.  It will be what NOT to do there.

Do you know how close I got to starting a new project yesterday?  Am I crazy??  I had a new pattern printed out, the yarn picked out and I was going to wind the yarn before dinner.  Thankfully I came to my senses.  I must finish TWO projects before I start another. 

Good football tomorrow - Huskies and USC.  Saturday will be errands and chores and Sunday Monika and Andre are coming over to watch football and have dinner to celebrate Monika's birthday ... which is today.  Happy birthday Monika!!

No comments: