07 September, 2011

I know just what I'm going to do Sunday

I ran yesterday for the first time since my back tweaked ... a week I guess.  I did okay, considering.  It was the first day of class and crazy busy but I managed to carve out an hour between 10:30 and 11:30 when it was still relatively cool outside.  I used my new iTunes running mix that is set for 10 1/2 minute miles.   I think perhaps for someone with longer legs .... however, it did keep me on a pretty good pace and I had a solid run.  I am going to lower my expectations a bit for this coming Sunday though.  I may have a super run, I may just have an okay run.  It has put my a little behind not being able to work out or run last week but I'm not going to get crazy about it.  I'll sign up for the run in October - the Dawg Dash - which was the first 5K I ever ran ... what was it?  ... about 5 years ago I guess.  Since the stadium will be closed for renovations this is the last time we will be able to run on the old track, so it's going to be a big deal.  Anyway, I'm not going to kill myself this week trying to get ready for the race.  I'm not going to do two a day workouts, like I was doing last week, and take the chance of tweaking my back out again.  I ran yesterday, I'll run again tomorrow and rest up Friday and Saturday and hope for a decent time on Sunday.  I'll be getting up early because the race starts at 8 am.  Luckily it's at Green Lake so I can take the bus there.  And then when it's all over and I get home and take Tink for her walk I'm going to clean up and take myself out to a nice lunch and then ... then I am going to start planning in earnest for my upcoming vacation.  I'm just going to sit outside and have a lovely meal, enjoy the sunshine and the great feeling I have when I'm done with a race and give into it.  I can't wait!

And there's plenty plenty PLENTY of work between now and then.  Thank goodness I haven't been bothered by nightmares or insomnia as I have in the past couple of years at this time.  Last night I could barely read past 9:30, and that's without any wine with dinner.  I was out like a light and slept the night through.  The rest of this week is just packed full.  Next week will be a little easier.

I brought my new cloche hat .... the start of it I should say, in today to show the knitting ladies and I have my sleeves to work on for the Eloise.  I meant to bring the finished Kaleidoscope in but forgot it.  Last weekend really put me back into the knitting mood for some reason.  Maybe it's the football on TV.  It's hot outside, but feels like knitting time when I hear the games.  Funny.  Well, logical but .....you know.

No comments: