08 September, 2011

My unconscious hands

I definitely know what was going on a week or so ago when my alarm wasn't going off.  I suspected I was turning it off rather than hitting the snooze and now I know for certain that's what I did because I did it this morning.  I had a little trouble getting to sleep last night, even though I was exhausted, and so when the alarm went off at 6 I turned it off.  There is a small but attentive part of my conscious mind that realized that so I did wake up in plenty of time to get the early bus.  But the bus system is unreliable and I usually like to get here 1/2 hour earlier on anatomy quiz days.  I made it and everything worked out okay but it was close.  Not comfortable.

Thank goodness it's a running day today and I can get out there early like I did on Tuesday.  The weather is holding and it's going to be a perfect day for the race on Sunday.  I am just a little disappointed that I had to turn down an invitation to an end of summer party for Saturday night, but I just can't do it before a race, especially one that starts at 8 am.  Not if I want to do well, which I do.

I didn't get any knitting done last night.  In fact, I had so much other stuff to take care of after work that I didn't even get to sit down to dinner until nearly 8 o'clock.  This first week is a killer.  I am hoping that I can finish up that little hat this weekend, maybe Saturday.  Sunday is for football and daydreaming.  Oh!  First NFL game is on tonight and I've got a fantasy player in it.  I think my matchup looks pretty strong.  I would llllove to start this year out with a win!  Fingers crossed!!

No comments: