02 March, 2012

And here's what I learned yesterday

After spending the day compulsively checking my email ... oh, about 1 million times an hour ... I finally get a message from my attorney saying that I shouldn't put much faith in the promises of a judge.  She may have had all good intentions of making her ruling yesterday morning but in fact can do it when it pleases her.  Great.  I have given up all expectation of getting any news today and I am going to just pretend that I already have the news and get on with things.  There is no sense in worrying anyway.  So when I have news, everyone else will get it but until then - enough is enough, right?

Amazingly, I did get some actual work done yesterday.  Not my normal stuff, but my chairman has asked me to help him quantify our teaching effort (again, I don't even ask why his secretary/assistant can't do this.  I know the answer).  Spreadsheets are not my forte, so I'm learning a lot.  Like, how much I hate spreadsheets.  Even though I read in bed quite late in hopes of sleeping through the night, I did wake up and couldn't get back to sleep, and I got some good thinking done on the spreadsheet I am currently working on and even had a breakthrough idea.  Then I must have dropped off because next thing I knew it was light in my room.  Obviously I had turned off the alarm without even coming to the surface.  I'm looking forward to some good sleep this weekend.

My heart is light.  In a little more than six weeks, give or take, I'll be on a fun holiday.  And if all goes well I'll even have my passport changed!  Oh, I want that more than anything right now!

No comments: