05 March, 2012

Buckets of time

This weekend I really felt the absence of football.  Maybe because my whole life has been wrapped up in all this stress and worry that I didn't notice all the free time I have all of a sudden.  I could have put it to good use, like for example chores around the apartment.  I did not feel like it however.  So mostly it was a weekend of long doggie walks interspersed with bouts of knitting or playing Scrabble on my iPad or reading.  Saturday morning I walked Tink for two hours.  We went all the way to the lake, and around the lake for a while as well.  She even dashed INTO the lake after some unsuspecting ducks.  I would have thought it was too cold for that but she didn't even seem to flinch, not that dogs can flinch.  Later on she got another hour walk and then two 1/2 hour walks.  Sunday was almost as good for her, although the morning walk was only a little over an hour.  I had tried a new route, heading north, but it wasn't very good.

Friday evening I went out for a little while and at one point I was talking to a woman sitting next to me.  She commented on how pretty my gloves were - my pink gloves.  So I got to tell the story.  It doesn't happen often, and it's a good story too!

There were hours put into the scarf I'm working on - the one with the soft 50/50 merino and silk yarn.  It's a boring 4x4 rib, but the pretty party about the scarf is the lace panels at the bottom, and then you make pompoms to dangle off of the lace.  I will most likely give it away, since it's not really my colors.  But it's fun to make and yummy to work with.  I took a good look at my yarn shelf this weekend.  I haven't replenished it for ages.  Maybe in a few months I can do something about that.

And speaking of a few months, I finally got details about the spring trip!  I had written down an incorrect email address which is why I hadn't heard back.  So now it's set for the last week of April.  I haven't got all the details ironed out and that's the fun part.

It's pouring rain this morning.  I want to start running again today but I don't think I'll be up for going out in a downpour.  Let's hope it lightens up in a bit.

1 comment:

Peggy said...

I haven't heard the story of the pink gloves. Maybe at Wednesday Noon Knitting this week?
Peggy