12 March, 2012

What a nice weekend

Friday my run was not nearly as spectacular as Thursday. I sure wish I could figure out and recreate those conditions that make for a super run! Friday was good but not as fast. I am writing with my iPad this morning as I wait for my ride up to Vancouver. For some reason the carriage returns don't register so we end up with one huge, long paragraph. I had all good intentions of doing laundry on Friday but I made soup instead and watched silly TV. I wanted to have a relaxing day Sunday so Saturday was my day to work. First Tink and I had a two hour walk, then I ran a few errands, after which I got the laundry and mountains of chores done. Then I had just enough time to shower and change and head out to the birthday party. It was a kids party at a pizza place and I had lots of fun with my nephew. I made one crucial mistake though, I drank 3 glasses of diet cola. I swear I don't know when I developed this hypersensitivity to caffeine, but it was very clear to me when I got home around 9 that I wasn't going to be sleepy for quite a while. Saturday was turn the clocks forward night so it was 10 actually. I had a couple of glasses of wine and knit and watched South Park reruns for a couple of hours, then headed to bed around 1 am. I was up most of the night, but dropped off for a few hours in the morning, and woke around 8:30 feeling fine. Sunday I just lazed around and at 3 went for a massage. It was heaven! She did something to the pressure points on the palms of my hands and soles of my feet that made me feel like I hadn't a bone in my body. I am still relaxed today. And now I am heading north. Let's hope the border isn't packed.

No comments: