01 March, 2012

Like a plane circling the airport

Do you have any idea in the whole world how tired I am of being immersed in this mess?  If all goes well, the judge should send her judgement by early afternoon and then I am NEVER going to think about it again.  Yesterday  I felt a bit better about the judge and the possible outcome.  My attorney did a fantastic job of showing that the respondent was misrepresenting his income to the court.  It was beautiful.  And the more he cried poverty the worse he looked.  I don't expect to get everything we asked for, by a long shot, but I am more confident now that I will get something.  Regardless -- I know I've said this a million times before, but I mean it -- I win.  I am almost whole again.

Hey!  By the way, here's a surprising result of all the positive thoughts coming my way -- my travelers elbow hasn't been bothering me much at all!!  [I am joking of course].

The internet has been down this past hour and I've not been able to do anything, so I finally got on the phone to my friends in Paris about joining them at their gite this spring.  I am just thrilled about this trip and it is something I only dared dream about.  Thanks to the most wonderful person in the entire world, I will be able to go this year finally!  The details are still being worked out, but it's either the 3rd or fourth week in April in Normandy.  I've never been there, and it's going to be awesome.

It was so very very cold yesterday!  I was wearing another(!) new skirt suit, but it was so windy and there were even snow flurries.  I couldn't stop shaking.  I had decided to take the bus to court since the weather was rotten and I couldn't trust myself to drive, since I was so distracted.  The bus leaves from right in front of my place so it was convenient getting down there.  Unfortunately the same bus doesn't go back until the evening rush hour, so I had to wait for something else, which took me to Northgate where I stopped for lunch before walking home.   I managed to do a little work in the afternoon after court, which was good because it kept my mind off it.  And now I'm going to dig myself into this pile of code and further keep my mind off it!

No comments: