23 March, 2012

Our big chill

Another cold morning.  I drove in because I have an appointment late this afternoon and I heard on the radio that the deadline for removing studded tires has been moved to April 16 in case people traveling over the Easter weekend and the following will be needing them.  I suppose they are thinking of the people traveling over the mountain passes.  Well, good for the spring skiers anyway.  I hear it's spectacular skiing still at all the resorts around here.  Today would be a good day for it spring skiing.  It is sunny and clear but, as I said, cold.

Tink will get a nice long walk at lunchtime.  It's handy that I can put her in the car and get to her so easily at lunchtime.  I would like to run and I'm going to dress for it, but she does not like running with me because I don't stop for the entire 30 minutes while her thing is to stop every 30 seconds and sniff something.  It just doesn't work out.  I am forever cajoling her and she's forever trying to slow me down.

Yesterday felt like Friday.   And I've been so terribly busy.  I was beat last night, got to bed at a decent hour, read until my eyes refused to stay open and fell asleep only to be awakened by the slamming hall door.  Not once.  Not twice.  Three times!  I am going to try yet again to get the maintenance people to fix that door and if I don't get action soon I'm going directly to the building owner.  It has gotten worse.  Then I couldn't get back to sleep because I was angry about the door and thinking about all the things I want and need to get done today.  Fun times.

No matter -- tomorrow is Saturday and I can sleep in and then have a nice long long walk with Tink.  I doesn't look like it should be raining.  A little sunshine would be nice though.

No comments: