08 March, 2012

My rant on bus drivers

I know that all bus drivers must go to school to learn how to drive a metro bus, so it amazes me how much of a difference there is in the driving style.  Well, basically there are only two driving styles as far as I'm concerned.  There are bus drivers who are smooth, and then there are bus drivers who continually stomp on the brake or the gas causing me to be flung around like a rag doll.  Guess which one I like.  Guess which one I had this morning.  There are a few seats where it is difficult for me to brace myself, since my feet don't touch the ground.  It makes for a rather annoying ride, having to constantly be wary of sliding off the seat.  Once I dropped my umbrella and as I bent over to pick it up the driver did one of those graceful accelerations and I came that close to falling into the aisle.

Tink was uncharacteristically quiet after our walk last night, so I was able to get quite a few inches done on the scarf.  If I don't finish it up this weekend it will be a good project to take on the car ride up to BC Monday, although the Whisper Cardigan would do as well.  I think I'll make the pompoms soon so then I can just knit until I run out of yarn.  I found out why Tink was so quiet after I took her out for her 7 o'clock walk.  She was back in the house for only a few minutes when she got sick.  She was eating a lot of greenery when we went out after work so I was almost waiting for it.  Thank goodness for that spot cleaner spray!  It is quite good, especially if you treat the spot immediately.  So I had the rest of the evening to knit while she snoozed.  Some evenings it is hard to even carve out 30 minutes, she is so keen to chase the ball.  I am just a little worried though.  She got sick again in the middle of the night, although there wasn't much.  And again on our walk this morning.  But I can't do what I need to do from home today, so I'm here.  She was drinking water and her tail was wagging, so I suspect she'll be fine.  

It's cold this morning but supposed to be very nice this afternoon.  I'm ready for a good run today, in the sunshine! 

No comments: