07 March, 2012

It's sneaking up!

It was completely off my radar, but I drove in this morning and on the radio I heard that this weekend is when we turn the clocks forward!  yay!  Although it is noticeably lighter here already, both morning and night, especially since it's been so clear in the mornings.  Yesterday was a fluke - today is again bright and clear.  Cold, but clear. 

I've been having some great noon runs lately.  It is nice to be back in the land in the living, even though we are still "circling the airport".  I mean that I have stopped letting myself be sucked into the limbo state of mind.  I think I took two weeks off from running!  I feel great, although just a touch sore this morning.  It's Wednesday so time for a rest anyway.  And time for some new running shoes I think.  I love the Nike Free Run shoes I got last year - off center laces, super light weight.  Usually when I find a running shoe I like, by the time I need a new pair they have discontinued them.  But this time I am in luck.  Although it's version 3, I'm sure it's the same awesome shoe.  I probably won't have time to do it this weekend, but next weekend I probably can.

The trip is coming into sharper focus, which makes me happy.  And I've got a little mini-trip coming up next week.  Monday morning I'm driving up to the University of British Columbia with a colleague and spending the night, visiting UBC on Tuesday and then coming right back.  We will be staying on Granville Island, which is very picturesque.

Well, it's meeting Wednesday as well as knitting Wednesday, so I'd better get my things in order.

No comments: