22 March, 2012

What was under there??

I was sent this link yesterday to a story from BBC Online:

** Tinks the terrier freed from tyre **
A terrier makes a full recovery after getting her head jammed in the centre of a spare tyre.
< http://www.bbc.co.uk/go/em/fr/-/news/uk-england-hampshire-17460371 >

Now what do you suppose was under there??  What was so yummy and delicious and irresistible to that dog that would make her do that?  If it were MY Tink ... well, if it was sitting on a pile of meat she'd do that.  Or if it was sitting on anything rotting ... boom!  She'd be right there after it.  Poor little dog! 

I worked and worked yesterday after finally getting the programming problem solved.  If I could have gotten the error logs from the IT guy right off the bat I could have saved myself a day at least.  Ah well ... I was hard at it then for the entire day.  All I needed was a bag of Doritos and a can of Mountain Dew and you wouldn't have been able to tell me from the geeks downstairs.  Spring quarter starts next Monday though, so I've got to put this project aside for a few hours today and tomorrow so I can prep for that.  Luckily I've only got one course this quarter, which leaves me a lot of time to work on projects -- and I've got a few lined up.

I got good news from my friend in Luxembourg.  Since my first choice was tied up ... figuratively, I assume ... when I get back from Normandy, I suggested to Em that she might come spend a couple days with me in Paris.  It is her birthday weekend and as luck would have it her boyfriend will be away in China on business, so it looks like she can come up Sunday the 28th and spend the 3 days with me until I leave on Wednesday.  Perfect!  We usually stay in the Marais, but she's ready to branch out and so we'll give the15th a go.

Somehow .. oh, it was slick and quick .. I have been drafted to coordinate my graduating class's annual golf tournament and dinner!  I don't even golf, really.  I mean I own clubs but I play maybe, *maybe* once a year.  So at some point today or tomorrow I've got to start calling golf clubs and getting information to hold a tournament at their club. It's going to be a bumpy ride.

Yesterday was noon knitting so there was no running and, of course, the sun was shining and there was no wind at all!  Today will be nice, but cold.  No rain right as of now.  I should be able to get a good one in since I had a day off yesterday.

No comments: