19 March, 2012

If I could only move things with my mind!

Wouldn't that be an awesome super power?  It's not that I'm too lazy to do things for myself.  But on these chilly mornings I would SO love to be able to close that bedroom window without having to get out of my warm and cozy bed to do it!  The feeling of being in a warm bed and having the ambient air be fresh and cool, well that's heaven.  However, having to get up and out into that cool air ... not so heavenly.  But we do it.

It was a sloppy weekend, weather wise.  Except for a few hours on Saturday afternoon when the clouds disappeared, it was rainy, sleeting and blowing most of Saturday and Sunday.  I took Tink out Saturday morning as usual, but cut the 2 hours down to 1 1/2 because I was soaked and so was she.  Sunday was better and we got to walk for an entire 2 hours with only a few sprinkles.  And Sunday evening I found a "new" street.  I went up past the frisbee golf park and found a residential street I hadn't been aware of.  It was lovely up there!  Nice view, quiet street and lots of new smells for Tink.  I even found a lilac tree, full of buds, right on a corner.  It will be a perfect place to get my lilac fix in a few weeks.

Now that the scarf is finished I worked on the Whisper Cardigan, which as I have said before just really moves along.  I finished the first sleeve and overshot the middle of the back by about a half an inch.  I did the gathers and I am nearly done with the second half of the back.  Oh this cashmere yarn is just working up beautifully.  It is Little Knits Indie, 100% cashmere lace weight.  My only concern is that I might be cutting it close as far as yardage is concerned.  But I think if I can get through the entire sleeve/back/sleeve portion with anything at all left I should be good to finish up the rest of it.  If not ... well, we'll cross that bridge IF we come to it.

I am glad I didn't run the St. Paddy's Day Dash because it was filthy weather in the morning and I would have been miserable.  I am a little disappointed (but not much, considering the circumstances) that I'll miss the Top Pot run on April 29th, but I will look for one in May to sign up for before I go on my trip.

I did not solve the programming program on Friday and had asked for help from the support people.  Unfortunately they didn't get back to me until Saturday afternoon and it wasn't that helpful, frankly.  I will try a couple more things this morning and if I still haven't solved it I'm going to have to go back to them again.  It's very frustrating because I'm not a programmer.  I just re-purpose scripts that other people write and so sometimes my errors are just as simple as a misplaced / in an address.  Did I say frustrating?  Hopefully I can get this thing fixed and move on with the project.

No comments: