20 March, 2012

Frist day of spring!

Hoorah!  Who doesn't love spring?

I'm getting a late start today.  It was very windy last night and the noise of the blinds clacking against the window kept waking  me up, so sometime very early this morning I got up and closed the window.  Then my alarm went off and I turned it off ... except it hadn't really gone off.  At one point I remember looking at my phone for the time and it was 6:15, 15 minutes before the alarm was set to go off.  That's when I realized I had dreamed it, but then I fell back asleep, of course, and didn't wake up for another hour.  I feel good.  Those few extra minutes of sleep were yummy.

I didn't have a fabulous run yesterday, but it was good enough.  I don't like running in the wind.  Either way you lose.  If it is in your face when you start out you tire more easily and if it is the other way around the last 15 minutes are a real grind.  At least it wasn't sleeting.

Good work done on the Whisper Cardigan last night.  I am kicking myself for not counting the rows from when I bound off that first sleeve to the middle of the back, because now I have to try to measure that same distance and if you've ever made this then you know just how difficult that is.  I did three different measurements last night and between them there was an inch difference.  I have given up measuring on the table and now fold it and let the second half of the back hang down.  That seems the safest way to get a good measurement.  According to that method I am about 1/2 inch for casting on for the underarm and joining for the second sleeve.

I spent the entire day yesterday futzing around and waiting for the IT guy to make a few changes to the server so my script would run.  All this time I had been believing that I was changing the permissions on those folders when in fact my changes were not sticking!  So hopefully we have the problem solved and I can get on with this project.  I'm not the only one getting frustrated here.  And that's not a good look for anyone!

2 comments:

Speattle said...

LOL!

"Frist"!

I know that you mean "first", but I had to laugh when I saw it. Years ago I had ordered a cake for my son's 1st communion, and the bakery had spelled out:
"Happy Frist Communion!" Your post title made me think of that!

Shelley said...

Ah! I didn't even see that!!!