15 March, 2012

Yucky weather

It is typical Seattle March weather -- rain and wind.  Just terrible.  I am very glad I didn't sign up for the St. Paddy's Day Dash because it would have been a total waste of money.  There's no way I'll be getting up at the crack of dawn to drive downtown and run in the rain and wind.  No thanks.  Unfortunately, I won't be able to run in the Top Pot run this year either, because it's on the 29th of April and I'll still be in France.  Ah well ... I don't mind so much.  There will be more races this spring and summer.  I imagine I'm going to get pretty wet at lunchtime today though, unless we get a little break.

And now that we set the clocks forward, it's pitch black when my alarm goes off again!  This morning I was deeply asleep when it went off and I was wondering why my clock was going off in the middle of the night, just like I would do a few months ago.  It's nice that I was sleeping so well, but terribly annoying to know it is indeed time to get up.

I got some good work done on that scarf at noon knitting yesterday and again yesterday evening.  Tink is still pretty tired from her couple of days of boarding, plus I gave her an hour walk after work, so she pretty much spent the evening snoozing and I got to put in another hour or so.  I will measure again tonight.  I should be pretty close to bind off.  Then all I have to do is sew that second lace and pompom panel to the bottom of it and I can spend full time on the Whisper Cardigan, which would have been perfect to wear today with this dress. 

In five weeks to the day I'll be in London.  Maybe even checked into my hotel by this time.  But in the meantime .... I've got a tough problem to solve today.  And I am determined to get it done.  I am really going to be needing that run at noon, I can tell already.

1 comment:

Speattle said...

Yeah, this weather is getting me down too. Add to that a really bad head cold. Yuck.

I sure hope it brightens up soon.