09 March, 2012

Wow! A new record!

Yesterday I was feeling great and ready for my run.  I hadn't done anything differently than usual - I ate the same breakfast, same stretches, same shoes.  However, I did change up my music a bit, but I wasn't running on pace with it, so I really can't say it was the music.  I did feel that I was running a bit faster, but it wasn't tiring me and I wasn't more out of breath than usual.  So imagine how surprised I was at the end of my first mile when my Nike app voice informed me that I had run my first mile under 11 minutes!  At the end of the 30 minutes when you finish your run you also get a little more feedback and that's when I was informed I had run the fastest mile yet.  I am just thrilled!  At the pace I was running yesterday I could have easily beaten my 5K time for the run I did in February.  I should start looking today for the date of the Top Pot run.  I know it's coming up in May.  I wouldn't like to do it immediately when I get back from my vacation because I will have spent two weeks eating and drinking and NOT running.  Hopefully it's at least a week from my return.  If it's on the 12th, or even better, the 19th, I should be ready to go for a new personal best.

That sure gave my afternoon a boost.  And I was working on programming problems that seemed to solve themselves.  Today will just be mostly working with templates to populate my new virtual microscope with test images.  Not too exciting, but oh well.

Tink was much more herself yesterday evening, although she didn't really eat too much.  She was frisky and wanting to play, which means I didn't get quite so much time to knit but I'd rather have her feeling better.

I've got a huge weekend coming up and then Monday morning taking off for BC.  I hope to be back by at least 7 on Tuesday so I can get Tink from the doggie hotel.  If not I'll have to get up earlier than usual on Wednesday to get her before work.  So tonight will have to be laundry night since Saturday is full up with errands and chores and a birthday party.  But Sunday ... ahhh ... Sunday I am going to use a spa gift card I received for a much much needed massage.  Oh baby, I cannot wait.

No comments: