08 May, 2012

The dreaded closet clean out

This weekend when I was finally finished with the huge pile of laundry I had brought home and was putting it away I realized that it is already time again to clean out the closets and drawers.  I've been at this apartment now for more than a year!  I never expected that and I just figured I'd be doing it as I moved out.  I did do a little shuffling to change out the summer for winter clothes, but nothing much and now I've got two closets that are in serious need of attention.  I have a little bit of a dilemma in that I didn't take the clothes I had culled last time to the charity bin, but only put them in my storage closet.  I can't remember why I did that and now it's going to make the chore that much more difficult.  The best time I had doing this was when I had two friends help me.  I needed fresh eyes and it was a great experience.  I still keep my closet color coded.  It should be such a simple project.  Anything not worn in the last year goes.  Anything with stains or other damage goes.  It's the darned sentimental pieces that catch me up.  There's always room for a few of those.

The weather yesterday was warm and sunny, finally.  I was looking forward to my first run in three weeks.  I couldn't quite believe that it was warm enough for my skirt and instead wore my running tights and long sleeved shirt.  That was a mistake.  It was plenty warm and I was drenched half way through the run.  Being fueled by three weeks of duck and cheese and croissants and wine, I wasn't exactly a speed demon, but I was steady.  It's a little cooler today but even if I don't feel it's warm enough for the skirt, it's going to be a short sleeved shirt for sure!

I had all good intentions of picking up the Mirasol last night and taking out those few stitches, now that I know where my mistake lies.  But I got on the phone with my sister and got distracted.  I have a friend playing at the Flagstaff Folk Festival this year.  It's a very small festival, but Flagstaff is really cool.  Since my sister's boyfriend never ... I repeat NEVER ... takes her on vacation, she and I go together.  Flagstaff is very near the Grand Canyon, which she's never seen, so I'm going to fly down to LA after my Oregon meeting, then we're going to go to Flagstaff to see Mike at the festival, then rent a car and drive to the Grand Canyon!  Doesn't that sound fun?  I am charged with finding us a nice hotel in Flagstaff, which I suspect is going to be a challenge since it's a rather small town.  And I have been SO spoiled lately when it comes to hotels.  Not that I'm complaining, mind you.  I quite like being spoiled actually.  And being the spoiler.  But now I'm getting off the point.  Ah well ....

No comments: