07 May, 2012

Two Tipsy Girls in Paris

I was feeling so great on Thursday.  No jet lag, plenty of energy.  Just great.  So imagine my surprise when I woke up at 1 am Friday morning, sick as a dog.  After five hours, I realized there was no way I was going to be coming in to work that day, so I texted my friend Andy, who I was going to be meeting in the morning, that I was down and out for the day and would kill for a ginger ale.  As luck would have it, he was up and said he was going to be in my neighborhood shortly so he brought me ginger ale and took Tink for a little walk.  I slept for the entire day.  With the exception of two short strolls around the complex at 4 and 7, I was asleep!  I didn't eat a thing, but drank a few ginger ales.  I rallied a bit around 7 and found the new, modern Sherlock Holmes on Netflix.  They have three episodes from the first season.  I managed to watch one and, believe it or not, fell back asleep at 8 and slept until 1 am.  Exactly 24 hours from when it started and I felt pretty much normal.  I am going to have to blame the lady who was spilling over into my space on my flight home.  It must have been a virus that I caught on the plane.  I know it wasn't anything I ate Thursday night, and that woman didn't look like she was feeling all that well.  Plus she was touching me!  Ick

While I was lounging around on Saturday looking at pictures from my trip I ran across a little video I had taken Monday evening when Emma and I were having dinner with our friend Joan.  I forgot I had taken it and it's pretty obvious that we were well into our second bottle of wine.  I was confused when I first turned on the video, thinking it automatically started.  Then I realized you had to press the button ... well, we were celebrating!  The still photos of the Eiffel Tower didn't really show the sparkle so I decided on video.  And it's a pretty nice picture of Emma as well. 

I finished the cashmere Whisper Cardigan on Saturday and I'm wearing it today.  It is beautiful!  I sure wish I had finished it before my trip because I would have been wearing it all the time.  Then, miracle of miracles, I pulled one of my UFOs out of the basket and decided to get to work.  It is the Mirasol Cardigan with that gorgeous Ella Rae Milky Soft yarn.  Unfortunately I had made mods to the pattern that I neglected to write down.  I got a little way into the right side and realized that something was not right.  I took it out and restarted and still couldn't figure it out so I had to put it aside.  Fortunately my unconscious worked on it and I woke up in the middle of the night with the answer, so I can get back to work on it this evening.  I do love the color of it.

Thursday when I was getting things organized I got the flyer out for the golf tournament and dinner this August and I must say I am absolutely thrilled with the response so far!  I was not expecting such a good response and thought I'd be rattling cages for months.  Of course I still have to get the money, but I am getting some pretty solid promises of attendance.  Now I'm going to have to get out there on the weekends and hit the driving range.  I have decided to leave my spot in my foursome flexible so that if needed I can step out and let someone who is rather more keen on golfing take my place.  I suspect I'm going to be plenty busy just keeping things going on the day.  I do have fun when I golf, but I just do it so rarely these days, since I don't have friends close by to golf with.  And it does take a big chunk of time.

Things to do this week -- I've GOT to start the name change process.  You'd think by this time I've had plenty of practice but it's complicated.  And also I've got to call Gregg and start rehearsals.  I am hoping he's got a band set up by now.  And I've got to get out there and run today.  The weather is gorgeous, so no excuses.  Maybe I can even wear my skirt today.  It's supposed to be in the 70s.

No comments: