10 May, 2012

What is going on at 4 AM?

Now this is really starting to bother me.  I woke up again this morning at 4 AM for no apparent reason.  This has been happening to me every night since I got home.  I can't be suffering from any more jet lag at this point so I've got to start looking for another cause.  Maybe someone with a noisy car leaves at that time.  I did remember hearing a car door slam.  Years ago when I lived at my Ravenna house the newspaper arriving every morning would wake me up.  The delivery person would throw it up onto the porch and it would slam into the door, waking me.  Or in the summer when the window was open I would hear them drive up because their car radio was blasting and they left the door open.  I put a tube at the gate and that helped that problem.  But I don't know what I can do about someone leaving the parking lot and waking me, if that is the case. 

Yesterday was my semi-annual cleaning at the dentist and I experienced their sonic scaler for the first time.  It was messy, I suspect because of the water that is running all the time.  But oh it is ever fast!  She was done with the entire process in 30 minutes, including polishing.  It wasn't very comfortable, but I am willing to put up with a little discomfort to have it done quicker. 

At noon knitting yesterday I got back on track with my Mirasol cardigan, but I was just too lazy to pick it up last night.  I vow not to start another project until I finish something, and this is a good thing to finish.  I am tempted to start that pretty little T-shirt I got yarn for before my trip, but no no no!  Maybe I can get some done tonight.  I've got a few programs recorded on my DVR.  I could just plunk myself down and get through a couple of them and also do some work.  I got distracted yesterday evening and it seems if I don't just settle right in after my shower and start that I find other things to occupy myself with.  Last night Tink was in the mood to play fetch ... forever.  Throw in a couple phone calls, an evening doggie walk, dinner and then it's nearly time for bed.  Yeah well, that's my spin on it any way.  Maybe I am just plain lazy and I should leave it at that.

I am so groggy this morning and I won't be able to get a run in at lunch today.  I've got to help proctor an exam on upper campus at 1 and I don't want to be all icky from my run.  I'll look forward to tomorrow's.  It's going to be nice all the rest of the week and through the weekend.  I wish it was Friday though.

No comments: