16 May, 2012

The only problem is ... I can't draw!

I read an article in the  NYT tech section about a game called "Draw Something".  It sounded fun so I downloaded it onto my iPad.  You can play with a random person or link it to your Facebook account.  I gave it a go with a random person.  It is pretty fun, but for me mostly because I can't draw a lick!  I draw like an uncoordinated 8 year old, and that's putting it kindly.  I have a very basic disconnect between visualizing something and drawing it.  When it is your turn to draw you have a choice of three different things, each worth from 1 to 3 points.  I chose one and if I don't have a solid idea in my head of how to represent that in a very basic way I Google it, click on 'image' and then find the simplest image to copy.  It sounds so silly, but I get a laugh out of it.  And it's fun guessing other people's things as well, although I find some players, kids I would imagine, simply spell out the word rather than try to draw something. 

It was a little cooler yesterday than it had been forecast to be, which was fine.  I am a bit disappointed that I didn't get to run though.  My knee was a little tweaky on Monday and it was no better yesterday so I took my own advice, as hard as that was, and instead of running had a nice walk in my running shoes.  And here's the good news this morning - my knee is fine.  It's noon knitting day so it will get another rest, but I should be just fine and ready to go Thursday.

It was a quiet evening at home and I got the entire right side of the cardigan finished.  I have 24 stitches holding for the shoulder and I have brought the project to noon knitting because I want to get some opinions.  I would really like to 3-needle bind off these shoulders rather than do the shaping and then sew them together.  It is ridiculously hard to make that seam look decent and I find it very hard to believe that the small amount of shaping is even worth doing on a garment like this.  But I'm going to ask the experts before I put those stitches on a holder and start on the back.  There could be some detail I'm missing that more experienced eyes could see.

I was finished with knitting rather early and couldn't move on, so I decided to take my iPad to bed and watch some more of the modern Sherlock Holmes.  I had finished the first episode and just started the second, so I dug in and finished watching that. I was going to start my new book after that,  but I wanted  more Sherlock -- so I started into the third episode.  It's quite enjoyable and I love seeing the modern day London streets.  Now I'll have to find out how many episodes were made and where I can get them.  I know it plays on PBS but it doesn't seem to be running now.

It has been a dull, very dull week so far.  I need to shake things up somehow.  Oh something will turn up, won't it?

No comments: