22 May, 2012

More gloom

Oh this rain!  It is driving me crazy!  It poured all day yesterday and I had to go to the bank at lunch.  Thank goodness I had worn my boots but even with an umbrella I was wet.  It lightened up just a bit on my way home but started pelting down in earnest when I got off the bus.  Nevertheless Tink has to have her walk, so I changed into a hooded jacket and put her little rain coat on her.  By the time we got back downstairs the heavy rain had turned into a cloud burst.  It was very  much like the one I endured from Paddington Station to my hotel in London in April.  I was assuming it would pass quickly, but it did not and Tink was having none of it.  She set her feet after about 5 minutes of this downpour and would not budge.  I think that has happened maybe once before in all her eight years with me.  There was nothing else to do - I had to turn back around and go home.  Poor little thing!  I don't blame her.  Even with her protection she was soaked to the skin, as was I.    It was not as pleasant an experience as April.  No handsome man to dry off with.

I've really been in a reading mood lately.  I finished my book on Saturday and I was a bit disappointed with it.  It's a new author for me and while I did learn quite a bit about the Oxford and Cambridge boat race, I was not otherwise impressed with the story.  I guessed the outcome well before the end, which is not a good thing.  Three of the authors I do enjoy have new books coming out, but not for months.  So, if you've got any suggestions, send them my way.

Since I had nothing to read I had no excuses and worked a good bit on the back of the Mirasol cardigan.  Sixteen more rows to go, then I do the neck shaping and then I only have the left front.  This project does have a good bit of finishing work - sewing the sleeves in and the pockets as well as edging.  I hope my enthusiasm doesn't wane.

No comments: