03 May, 2012

They call it stormy Thursday

Tuesday evening in Paris was perfect!  We did indeed find a wonderful restaurant and it was warm enough to sit outside.  We ended up being three, but that was fine.  We all had delicious dinners and I managed to pick a quite decent red wine.  We even had dessert!  Quite unusual for us.  And because we both had travel days we didn't stay out too late.  I had ordered a taxi to the airport from the front desk at my hotel.  The clerk kept insisting that at that time in the morning it would take more than an hour to get there.  I wanted to be there around 10:30 and she had the taxi arriving at 9.  Of course it did NOT take anywhere near an hour and 15 minutes but more like what I thought, which was about 35 minutes.  So there I was in CDG, terminal 2A, which is quite a boring place.  I had another coffee, bought some Chanel makeup I couldn't fight the crowds to buy in Paris and just generally chilled with my audiobook.  I had MORE than enough time to chill because the flight was late.

It's a quick flight to Heathrow.  I was hoping to get to the pharmacy to get some fizzy tablets but I also needed to pick up a couple things for the people who took care of my car and brought me to and from the train station and it was SO hot in there.  The rather annoying thing is that the gate of the flight isn't posted until nearly boarding time.  I was way in the B gates and if I had known that I would have just hung out there rather than the huge main terminal.  It's nice and quiet and has everything that you need, minus the huge crowds.  My seat was in the middle and I was seated next to a rather large woman who actually couldn't fit into her seat.  You know what that means?  That means she put up the arm rest and squished me whenever I would let her.  I finally got wise and finished my iPad movies and started on the other movies which meant that I had to have access to my arm rest.  That was a little better.

I stayed up until 10, which was 22 hours for me, and had a fine night so I feel normal today.  I suspect that I'm going to hit the wall at about four though.

All in all it was a fantastic vacation!  It seems I've been away for ages and ages.  I didn't knit but about 3 or four rows though.  It was silly to bring knitting and my black cardigan is still unfinished!!

Well, I've got SO much to do.  I'd better dig in.  Or better yet, figure out where to start!

No comments: