25 May, 2012

The gateway to summer

Here we are, heading into Memorial Day Weekend.  This is the weekend when everyone takes out the BBQ and officially starts summer, even though it's not actually summer for another few weeks.  As many times as not, the weekend is cold and wet, but it looks like we're going to luck out and have decent weather this weekend for a change.  And good news too, because my house is officially on the market today!  Through Herculean efforts, my real estate agent and contractor have gotten the house into great shape - back to where it was when I left.  Fingers crossed it goes this weekend and I can take a tiny step towards getting myself back on track.

As much as it felt like Friday yesterday, it is even quieter around here today since I suspect more than a few people are getting a jump on the long weekend and the students are studying for their final exam on Tuesday or just enjoying the sunshine.  I heard the office will be closing early today so I'm going to sneak out with the rest and have a nice long evening.  I think I'll give Tinkie an especially long post-work walk, have a nice shower and take myself out for a drink and maybe some food too.

Besides waiting around to hear good news about my house, I've got a few things on this weekend, most notably going up to Gregg's on Sunday to sing and talk about which songs we want to get together for our next gig, whenever that turns out to be.  And since I'll have all this extra time - an entire day - I really should tackle my closets and do a big clean out.  I should, I really really should.  I'll have to come up with a good carrot.

I noticed the cotton woods are blooming and the air is full of that fluff.  I only walked yesterday, but it was a huge long one up to the bank, then Trader Joe's and then back to work -- 1 1/2 hours.  Today I'll have a run.  It's so nice outside even with the fluff floating around.  I'll just breath around it.  heh

No comments: