11 May, 2012

Well of course!

Tink woke me up at 1-ish this morning, so I took that opportunity to try an experiment.  After getting her settled I got myself back into bed in my head sandwich position - pillows top and bottom.  Sure enough, I did not wake up at 4 as I have been doing all week.  It occurred to me yesterday that it must be the birds waking me up because that's why I can't go back to sleep.  Yay!  I'm refreshed this morning and good thing too because I think it's going to be a rough day.  I got a notice when I got home that they're power washing the balconies today on my side of the building.  I'm working from home because they need access to the apartment for some reason and all that noise is going to scare Tink.  It's going to annoy me as well, of course.  But I don't want her all freaked out all day without me being around.

I have to confess to suffering a bit from post-vacation blues.  I thought I was going to miss that altogether but it seems not.  I have been spending a great deal of time in my "happy place".  I'm going to cut myself some slack and let it go for now, but come Monday I will make myself snap out of it!

Yesterday evening was quite productive vis a vis the Mirasol Cardigan.  I sat right down after my shower and dug in while I worked my way through a couple of TV episodes.  Only two more inches and then I start the armhole shaping.  I am going to have to do each of the three pieces, left, right and back, separately but since there is no pattern in this portion it's going to be relatively quick.

It's a beautiful morning - sunny and not too warm.  It is supposed to be in the mid-70s all weekend.  I am most likely going to have to get my fan out at some point.  This place gets lots of southern exposure and tends to get  hot and stuffy.

And now I'm going to be as productive as I can until the noise starts.

No comments: