29 May, 2012

A tasty treat

That seems to describe me these days.  My mosquito bites had just disappeared when I got hit again.  This time by I don't know what right underneath my left eyebrow, causing my eye to swell, plus I've got two additional bites on my forehead right above it!  I had been up at Gregg's Sunday afternoon to do some singing and then he had a BBQ in his backyard.  It happened sometime while I was there - probably when his wife was giving me a tour of the garden, because I remember being bothered by my forehead before we went outside to eat.  It's very annoying and I look like I've been beaten!  But we did have a good time and worked on three songs.  I think it's been a year since I've sung, so I didn't last very long before I started going hoarse.  We're going to get together again this weekend.  He's got a new place for us to do an open mike to try out new songs plus he thinks he's got a line on someone who would book us.  But that's a ways down the road.

My long weekend was moderately productive.  The weather was decent, but not ever really warm.  Saturday was the best day and Tink had a couple of really nice walks.  I spend a good part of the day lazing around reading, which is always a lovely way to spend an afternoon.  I finished "Pompeii" on Sunday.  Thankfully there was only one slave torturing part in the book.  The rest was just wonderful and I'm going to get another of that author's books.  Sunday before I went to Gregg's I had to go over to my house, where my real estate agent was having the first open house.  That wasn't very pleasant but it had to be done and I didn't have to stay long, just fill out and sign some papers.  It is such a wonderful house.  I really loved that house.  Oh well.  Let's hope it gets sold quickly because Pamela is going to have her hands full trying to keep that place ready to be seen at all times.

On Saturday I had to do a little shopping and picked up a couple of really cute summer tops.  I was planning on Monday being my chore day - laundry and such, plus closet cleaning.  So while the laundry was going I headed in to start the purge when I realized ... ah!  I don't have any big bags!  That must be why the last time I did it I just put the clothes into the storage closet rather than taking them to the bin.  So no closet cleaning.  Yes, I guess I could have gone to the store and gotten some bags but all I needed was a little push in the other direction.  So I did some more work on my cardigan - actually I've been using the wrong name for the pattern.  It's the Elsie cardigan.  By the end of the evening yesterday I had finished all the knitting and 3 needle bind off of the shoulders.  Now comes tucking in the ends and putting everything together.  I'll start with the ends tonight. 

I had finished watching the 3rd episode of the first season of the Masterpiece Mystery version of Sherlock Holmes on Sunday night so last night I watched the first episode of this current season which I have recorded on my TV.  I just LOVE that series!  I sure hope they do more.  The first episode was just awesome.  I especially liked the last line ... "Not the woman.  THE woman".  Ahhhhhh ...

So here it is Tuesday - gotta love the short week!  I won't be able to run today though because I've got to proctor an exam starting at 12:30, and tomorrow is noon knitting.  But Thursday and Friday I will and I'll be turning over 300 miles this week!  Can you believe it?  Amazing. I sure hope we get some nice weather this week, because even if it's raining I'm going to be running.  The cotton wood should be almost done falling, especially since it was raining last night and this morning.  Let's hope anyway.  I hate that stuff!

No comments: