14 May, 2012

A weekend with sun

This was a weekend when nothing got done.  The list of things I had planned to do was long and I got exactly nothing done from it.  I did NOT clean out my closets, nor did I wash the car or go to the driving range.  I didn't even do laundry or a lick of housework!  I did spend a good bit of time lolling about on the couch playing games on my iPad.  I visited the "happy place" a fair amount as well.  Guess what - it does have pink sheets!  Who knew?   And good champagne chilling in the silver bucket.  The windows face northwest so there is no morning sun directly shining on the big windows.  It's quiet and the shower is huge!  Of course, the company is perfect.  Obviously I was self indulgent and slothful all weekend long.  Every day I get closer to the next time I'll really be in my happy place and not just visiting in my head, so in the meantime I'm going to be productive.

The one thing I did do this weekend, besides taking Tink on some long walks, was work on the Mirasol.  I have about an inch more to go before I start the shaping.  Those rows take quite a while to complete because I am doing both sides and back on one circular needle.  I worked my way through a couple episodes of "Once upon a time" and "Desperate Housewives".  I had a little extra time to knit actually because I had dinner plans for Saturday and got unceremoniously stood up!  Can you believe it?  Not even a text.  That's unforgivable in my book. 

Saturday was sunny and warm with a little breeze.  Yesterday was warmer and today it's going to be even warmer still.  I will definitely be running in my shorts today and I'm going to get out there early-ish before it gets really hot.  We might even hit 80 today.

No comments: