21 May, 2012

A little more productive weekend

Last Friday that sinus headache did not get any better.  I finally threw in the towel around noon and went home.  I took some pain medicine and reclined on the couch alternating reading with a warm cloth over my face.  Somewhere around 4 I started feeling like the lightening bolts behind my eyes were lightening up and I felt somewhat better.  What a beast that was!  Over 24 hours.   So it was a very relaxed evening.  A little reading, a little phone time. 

I woke up early on Saturday morning.  It was sunny and nice outside and Tink was ready to get going, so we were up and out at 8.  The forecast said the sun was not going to last so we got out there and soaked it up while we could with a nice long walk.  I was back from the grocery store and had my laundry in by 10:30!  I was really fast.  So I worked through a few other chores.  By 2 o'clock the only thing left was Tink's bath and I figured I would put that off to Sunday in case it rained.  Closet cleaning?  I just didn't have the right mood going for that.  So I finished my book and worked on the back part of the Mirasol Cardigan.  After dinner I had a nice talk with my friend Gregg, who was supposed to be getting a band together for us but some family issues came up so I think we've lost our tentative drummer.  Which is no loss as far as I'm concerned since I didn't want him in the first place.  We made a date to get together next Sunday afternoon/evening -- which is great because the Monday is a holiday.

As predicted, yesterday was a soggy rainy day.  Too bad, because it was the University District Street Fair weekend, but it's generally a rotten weekend anyway.  It's rare they ever get a break.  I didn't even drive by.  after our wet morning walk and breakfast I headed out for a manicure and pedicure and to pick up some body cream at the mall.  I was home by 1 and just took it easy for a while.  Around 3 I took Tink for another longh-ish walk and then brought her straight in for her much needed bath.  She looks so beautiful when she's clean and brushed.  And also since it was cold again I made a pot of soup for this week and then cooked a nice dinner while I watched silly TV and knitted.  And then popped off to bed at 10.  I was going to try to finish watching that episode of Sherlock I have on my iPad, but I was too drowsy.  And now I've got three new episodes on my TV because they are playing the new episodes on the current Masterpiece Mystery show.  I will eke them out over the week I think.

I should run today since I missed last Friday and if it's pouring rain I'm just not in the mood.  Crazy May.

No comments: