15 May, 2012

Seattle goes crazy in the sun

It's funny to watch, when the sun finally shows up and spring is here, how people go absolutely crazy for it.  I understand how it can wear you down when it's cloudy and rainy for weeks and weeks.  It was only my good luck that I got to miss the worst week of the year when I was in Hawaii in January.  I didn't have to deal with snow at all this winter!  Yesterday it was gorgeous and very warm and the lawn in front of the Rotunda was full of students eating lunch, faces raised to the sun, when I was coming back from my run.  I walked in behind a woman who had obviously been laying on her front, because the backs of her legs were quite pink.  It's going to be warm today and sunny so I'll be able to run in my shorts again.  And good thing, because I took my running tights home last night, thinking I might get the laundry done, but someone else was using the machines and I didn't feel like dealing with it later.  I will try again tonight.

I got my fan in the perfect spot and spent some time working on the Mirasol.  I started the finishing for the right side.  I got the armhole shaped and I am almost ready to start the neck shaping.  I am so crazy about this yarn.  The drape and color are really gorgeous.

I did make reservations last week for Kelli and I to go from Burbank to Flagstaff and today I've got to get my Seattle to Burbank leg taken care of.  I found a really interesting and beautiful (at least from the pictures) hotel in Flagstaff called Little America.   Of course we all know that pictures of hotels and the actual hotel itself can often be worlds apart.  But it was either this or the Hilton, which didn't look that great.  I thought this would be our best bet.  And it's only 1 1/2 hours to the Grand Canyon from there.  This is going to be a complicated trip because I am going to be in Portland and few days before I leave for Burbank.  I'll get back from Portland on Tuesday night, come to work Wednesday and Thursday and leave again on Thursday night.  It's the Tink sitting that I'm concerned with.  The trip to Burbank is going to be around the 4th of July holiday and Tink, like many dogs, gets very upset with the fireworks.  I guess I'll try the house sitter I last used first and then go from there.

No comments: