23 May, 2012

Step 1

I've finally got the name change thing rolling along.  It's easy to change names on credit cards and things, but it's more time consuming and complicated to do the driver's license, Social Security and passport name change.  This morning I took the bus down to the lawyer's office to pick up a certified copy of my decree, which specifies the name change as well.  As luck would have it, my lawyer was coming into the building just as I was arriving, so we had a very nice talk.  I feel pretty good about where things are, and I'm content to just wait for the next step, whenever that comes about.  From there I went to the DMV, where there was no waiting!  It's a miracle.  Now in about two weeks when my new license arrives I can do step 2, the Social Security office, and then passport..... although maybe I can do my passport before I actually get my license.  I should look into that a bit more.

I got some good book suggestions.  Keep 'em coming.  So far I've been recommended Robert Harris' "Pompeii", and "Playing for Pizza", which is about American football in Italy.  Both sound like they'd be perfect for my taste.

I woke up early this morning, shivering!  It is cold again!  So cold in fact that I had to wear gloves when I took Tink for her walk after work yesterday.  And today I wore my black trench coat with the lining still zipped in.  Amazing.  However, we are supposed to be getting more seasonal temperatures later this week.  Bad weather be damned, I HAD to have my shot of endorphins yesterday so I ran in the rain.  At least it wasn't pouring, but it was coming down steadily.  My hair looked absolutely crazy all through the afternoon.  Like I had put my finger into a light socket.  It was worth it though.  That and the talk with my lawyer this morning have raised my spirits greatly.  It would be nice to add a little sunshine as well but we can't have everything, can we?  Are you sure?

I didn't feel like knitting at all last night, but I've got noon knitting today and only 16 more rows to go on the back before I start the shaping.  I should be able to get five or so rows done, I hope. 

No comments: